Always Be Ready To Show
Your house needs to be "show-ready" at all times – you never know when your buyer is going to walk through the door. You have to be available whenever they want to come see the place and it has to be in tip-top shape. Don’t leave dishes in the sink, keep the dishwasher cleaned out, make sure the bathrooms are sparkling, and be sure there are no dust bunnies in the corners. It’s a little inconvenient, but it will get your house sold.
Here's my top three tips for the inside of your home:
1. The kitchen and bathroom should look and smell clean.
2. Vacuum rugs and carpets (and have them professionally cleaned, if necessary).
3. Place fresh flowers in the main rooms.
And my top three tips for the outside:
1. Sweep the front walkway.
2. Remove newspapers, bikes and toys.
3. Park extra cars away from the property.
I’ve written a short report that details other things you can do to get the most for your house when you sell: The 5 Costly Mistakes Home Sellers Make and How to Avoid Them. If you would like a copy, send me a quick text or email, and I’ll send it over to you right away.